Wednesday, April 15, 2009

THE GAME

As a kid, I spent a fair amount of time playing sports. Sports allowed me to create a world for myself. A world full of confidence, competitiveness, and desire. A desire to do the best and be the best for me and for my team. And no matter how much time I spent on the field, I could never get enough. I rarely missed a practice and could barely wait for a game to start. In my world I knew who I was and what was expected of me. Sports are a lot like life. There are times when we forget who we are and what we're supposed to do. A ball is occasionally dropped. The refs sometimes make a bad call that puts us behind. But when we hit that home run or make that winning soccer goal, even if for just a moment, life is pure perfection. My team now is a lot different than it used to be. It consists of a husband and three crazy, but awesome kids. Sometimes I let the other team get the best of me my confidence lacks, and I end up letting my team down. When this happens nobody has a chance to win. But as long as I keep picking myself up when we're behind I'll be able to give my best to my team and we'll win every time. We might even have a little fun doing it. I just hope my team knows that as hard as life gets, I'll never give up. In sports and life, it really is all about how we play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment